You are here
The Mission of the Niles Public Library District (NPLD) is to enrich the community by meeting its informational, educational, cultural and recreational needs by providing a wide variety of materials, resources, and services as well as a friendly, experienced and professional staff in a safe and welcoming environment.
Our Core Values
- We provide “over-the-top” customer service
- We respect all individuals
- We believe in intellectual freedom
- We believe in the importance of access to information for all.
- We operate with absolute integrity
- We respect privacy and confidentiality
- We provide a high-quality, current and relevant collection
- We believe dedicated, friendly and professional staff members are integral to the library experience
- We encourage innovation
- We support and expect personal and organizational growth
- We believe in the value of partnerships
- We commit to strengthening the partnerships with schools, community and businesses
Number of books: 207,000
Number of audiovisual items: 47,000
Number of check-outs in 2012-2013: 1,119,478
Number of people who attended programs in 2012-2013: 60,873
Number of cardholders: 25,164
Number of reference questions answered: 102,389
5:00pm to 8:00pmTake advantage of private one-hour sessions of business coaching. Counselers from the Chicago Chapter of SCORE® will be at the Library to advise...
7:00pm to 7:45pmTuesdays 7-7:45pmAges 2-6 with a grownupFamilies with children ages 2-6 enjoy stories, songs and activities. Come in pj's or not, as you wish!
10:00am to 11:00amStories, songs, and rhymes for children 20 mos.-3 yrs. accompanied by an adult caregiver. 30-minute storytime followed by 30-minutes of free-play.
- 1 of 97
- next ›