You are here
On November 3, 2014, the Niles Public Library was awarded 4 stars (up from 3 stars in previous years) from the Library Journal Index of Public Library Service. The award is based on library visits, circulation, program attendance, and public Internet computer use. Thanks for your support! For more information, click here!
The Mission of the Niles Public Library District (NPLD) is to enrich the community by meeting its informational, educational, cultural and recreational needs by providing a wide variety of materials, resources, and services as well as a friendly, experienced and professional staff in a safe and welcoming environment.
Our Core Values
- We provide “over-the-top” customer service
- We respect all individuals
- We believe in intellectual freedom
- We believe in the importance of access to information for all.
- We operate with absolute integrity
- We respect privacy and confidentiality
- We provide a high-quality, current and relevant collection
- We believe dedicated, friendly and professional staff members are integral to the library experience
- We encourage innovation
- We support and expect personal and organizational growth
- We believe in the value of partnerships
- We commit to strengthening the partnerships with schools, community and businesses
Number of books: 207,000
Number of audiovisual items: 47,000
Number of check-outs in 2012-2013: 1,119,478
Number of people who attended programs in 2012-2013: 60,873
Number of cardholders: 25,164
Number of reference questions answered: 102,389
8:15am to 10:15amEvery marcher who registers by Wednesday, June 17 gets a free t-shirt! Bring your wagon, trike or bike! Children must be accompanied by a grownup (...
11:00am to 12:00pmDrop in for our year-round short program of stories, songs, and rhymes followed by playtime. Ages 0-2 with a grownup.
1:00pm to 3:00pmHelp write, produce and perform an original play for all ages. Earn volunteer hours while having fun and expressing yourself, whether on or off stage...