You are here
On November 3, 2014, the Niles Public Library was awarded 4 stars (up from 3 stars in previous years) from the Library Journal Index of Public Library Service. The award is based on library visits, circulation, program attendance, and public Internet computer use. Thanks for your support! For more information, click here!
The Mission of the Niles Public Library District (NPLD) is to enrich the community by meeting its informational, educational, cultural and recreational needs by providing a wide variety of materials, resources, and services as well as a friendly, experienced and professional staff in a safe and welcoming environment.
Our Core Values
- We provide “over-the-top” customer service
- We respect all individuals
- We believe in intellectual freedom
- We believe in the importance of access to information for all.
- We operate with absolute integrity
- We respect privacy and confidentiality
- We provide a high-quality, current and relevant collection
- We believe dedicated, friendly and professional staff members are integral to the library experience
- We encourage innovation
- We support and expect personal and organizational growth
- We believe in the value of partnerships
- We commit to strengthening the partnerships with schools, community and businesses
Number of books: 207,000
Number of audiovisual items: 47,000
Number of check-outs in 2012-2013: 1,119,478
Number of people who attended programs in 2012-2013: 60,873
Number of cardholders: 25,164
Number of reference questions answered: 102,389
7:00pm to 8:30pmAttorney Jacob Ehrensaft will discuss estate planning, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney, living wills, probate, and guardianship. The...
7:00pm to 7:45pmFamilies with children ages 2-6 enjoy stories, songs and activities. Come in pj's or not, as you wish!
9:00am to 12:00pmTake advantage of private one-hour sessions of business coaching. Counselers from the Chicago Chapter of SCORE® will be at the Library to advise...