You are here
The Mission of the Niles Public Library District (NPLD) is to enrich the community by meeting its informational, educational, cultural and recreational needs by providing a wide variety of materials, resources, and services as well as a friendly, experienced and professional staff in a safe and welcoming environment.
Our Core Values
- We provide “over-the-top” customer service
- We respect all individuals
- We believe in intellectual freedom
- We believe in the importance of access to information for all.
- We operate with absolute integrity
- We respect privacy and confidentiality
- We provide a high-quality, current and relevant collection
- We believe dedicated, friendly and professional staff members are integral to the library experience
- We encourage innovation
- We support and expect personal and organizational growth
- We believe in the value of partnerships
- We commit to strengthening the partnerships with schools, community and businesses
Number of books: 207,000
Number of audiovisual items: 47,000
Number of check-outs in 2012-2013: 1,119,478
Number of people who attended programs in 2012-2013: 60,873
Number of cardholders: 25,164
Number of reference questions answered: 102,389
6:45pm to 9:15pmRegarded by many to be his greatest tragedy. Witness the ruler's descent into madness. Directed by Peter Garino. An introduction to be play commences...
12:00pm to 1:00pmChildren grades 1-4 are invited to listen to spooky stories, eat a sweet treat, show off your costume, and go trick-or-treating in the library....
2:00pm to 4:00pmDrop in at 2pm on the 4th Saturday of the month for a big movie and a little snack. This month we are showing Mr. Peabody...