You are here
Digital Services Assistant
Hours: PT/17-22 hours per week, must have evening and weekend availability
Salary: $15-$18.00/depending on qualifications
The Niles Public Library District is looking for an enthusiastic, innovative and creative employee to join our Digital Services Department. The Digital Services Assistant will staff a busy technology desk and troubleshoot computer issues for people of all ages. Additionally, you will provide support for our new makerspace and digital media lab, the Creative Studio, which has 3D printers, vinyl cutters, laser cutter, and audio and video recording equipment. The ideal candidate will be excited to learn new technologies, have excellent customer services skills, and be a team player.
Education/Experience Required: BA/BS
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and all levels of Library staff.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Proficient with Windows, Mac, and iOS operating systems.
- Knowledge of new media and mobile devices.
- Familiarity with digital media creation and editing tools (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro, GarageBand, iMovie)
- Working knowledge of audio-visual equipment including Go Pro camera, Yeti microphone, and Nikon cameras.
- Ability to troubleshoot technology issues calmly, patiently and effectively.
- Previous experience in a customer service environment preferred.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume plus 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org., or by mail to Human Resources, Niles Public Library District, 6960 Oakton, Niles, IL 60714. Application deadline 9/19/2016.
Patron Services Clerk
Three Positions Available:
(1) Tues 9 AM-1 PM, Thurs 10 AM-2 PM, Fri 10 AM-3 PM, Sat 9 AM-1 PM (average 17 hrs/wk)
(2) Tues 1 PM-9 PM, Sat 1-5 PM (average 11.5 hrs/wk)
(3) Mon 12-5 PM, Fri 12-5 PM, Every other Sat 8:30 AM-5PM, One Sunday a month (average 15 hrs/wk)
The Niles Public Library District is currently accepting applications for part-time positions in the Patron Services Department. Patron Services Clerks greet and direct library patrons to materials and services. They perform circulation and information desk functions as well as other duties as assigned. Major responsibilities will include assisting patrons with holds, using copiers, computers/printers, etc.; able to count money and perform basic operations on cash register; able to sort and shelve alphabetically and numerically. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and excellent customer service skills. Will be able to work effectively with both patrons and staff and have basic computer skills. Qualifications: High School diploma or equivalent and customer service experience. Ability to read, write, and communicate verbally in English. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds. Starting salary $11.54/hr. Applications accepted until position is filled. Send applications to Attention: Human Resources, Niles Public Library District, 6960 Oakton Street, Niles, IL 60714 or email to email@example.com.
No telephone calls, please.
Seven Positions Available:
(1 & 2) Sat 11:30 AM-5 PM, Sun 12:30-5 PM (average 10 hrs/wk)
(3) Mon 5-9 PM, Wed 5-9 PM, Thurs 5-9 PM, Fri 3-7 PM (average 16 hrs/wk)
(4) Tues 1-5 PM, Wed 5-9 PM, Thurs 5-9 PM, Sat 8:30 AM-1 PM (average 16.5 hrs/wk)
(5) Mon 2-9 PM, Wed 11 AM-6 PM, Fri 3-7 PM (average 18 hrs/wk)
(6) Mon-Fri 11 AM-2 PM (average 15 hrs/wk)
(7) Mon-Fri 6 AM-9 AM (15 hrs/wk)
Position involving the responsibility retrieving items from sorter; sorting materials in alpha and numeric order. Will be trained to shelve in all areas of the library. Regularly shelf-read assigned sections. Shifting when necessary. Empty indoor book bins; other duties as assigned. Qualifications: Must be 16 years of age. Must be able to read and write in English. Ability to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Ability to transport/move loaded book truck (up to 100 lbs.) and shelve individual volumes onto shelves from floor level to almost 6 feet high. $8.62/hr. Applications accepted until position is filled. Send applications to Attention: Human Resources, Niles Public Library District, 6960 Oakton Street, Niles, IL 60714 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No telephone calls please.
When applying for an open position, please complete a Job Application. Send applications to Attention: Human Resources, Niles Public Library District, 6960 Oakton Street, Niles, IL 60714, email to email@example.com or return to the Library. You may also ask for one at the Information desk in Patron Services. Someone will contact you shortly.
Careers at Other Libraries
To see if jobs are available at other area libraries, check the RAILS (Reaching Across Illinois Library System) Jobs Board.