You are here
Coronavirus: Helpful Information
Updated: November 13, 2020, 11:08 a.m.
The Library building will be closed starting at the end of business on Saturday, November 14 to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. With the recent stay-at-home advisory by Governor Pritzker, local school closures, and rising COVID-19 cases in the community, we want to make sure our residents and staff members stay safe and healthy.
Limited number of technology appointments will be available to Niles-Maine cardholders only. Click here to request a timeslot or call 847-663-6606.
Other Ways to Use the Library
No Contact Holds Pick-Up
Pick up materials and technology equipment safely via the No Contact Holds Pick-Up service. Click here for more information or call 847-663-6662.
Niles-Maine cardholders who are unable to pick up materials due to health reasons may sign up for Homebound Delivery. Click here for more information.
Visit our online calendar for virtual programs for adults, teens, and kids.
Staff members will continue to work inside the building as well as remotely. Contact us via live chat, email, or phone with reference questions, reading recommendations, and more.
What’s Next? Personalized Recommendations
Please continue to return library materials to the temporary materials returns on the north side of the building. Look for the orange signs. Materials will quarantine for at least 3 days before processing.
We're Thinking of You
- We increased the numbers of hoopla downloads from 10 to 15.
- We increased the number of downloads on OverDrive/Libby from 5 to 10.
- Ancestry (Library Edition) and AllData may now be accessed at home instead of just in the Library.
- Kanopy Kids is now available to keep the little ones entertained.
- Your Niles-Maine library card will not expire while the Library is closed.
- Live chat is now available every day from 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Virtual meeting rooms are now available! Click here for more information.
Access the Library From Home
Ask a Librarian
Our librarians are still available to answer questions while the Library is closed. Please email us and we will respond in a timely manner.