You are here
Coronavirus: Helpful Information
Updated: April 2, 2021, 9:06 a.m.
The Library is now open for longer hours to better serve the community. Computer sessions and the amount of time spent in the building has been increased to one hour.
At this time, we have very limited seating, but as more staff and community members get vaccinated, we will be opening more areas of the Library and allowing longer stays. Please continue to wear a face mask while in the building.
Keep reading for the Library's safety protocols and information about available services.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
Wednesdays: 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
Saturdays: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Please limit browsing to 60 minutes or less per day.
Access a computer and other technology on the Lower Level. Limit one 60-minute session per day. Priority to Niles-Maine cardholders.
Pick up your materials via the No Contact Holds Pick-Up service Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-7 p.m. and Saturdays, 9 a.m.-5 p.m in the Vestibule.
Safety is one of our top priorities. Let's work together to keep everyone safe and healthy.
What Library Staff are Doing to Protect You
- Staff members will be wearing face masks, washing their hands, keeping a social distance, and taking their temperature upon arriving for their shifts.
- Staff members will be sanitizing high touch areas using EPA approved COVID-19 disinfectants throughout the day.
- An overnight cleaning crew will be cleaning the Library in preparation for patrons and staff who enter the building the next morning.
What You Can Do to Protect Staff & Other Patrons
- Wear your face mask.
- Wash your hands.
- Keep 6 feet apart from others.
- Limit visits to 60 minutes or less.
- Consume food and drinks outside.
- Supervise children ages 13 and under.
Frequently Asked Questions
I can't wear a face mask or covering. What should I do?
Everyone entering the building must wear a face mask or covering. Please call 847-663-6640 for special accommodations.
Can I browse the collection and check out materials?
Yes! Within 60 minutes or less you may browse the collection on any floor and use one of the self-checkout stations to check out materials.
I have a library card from another library. Can I use Express Checkout?
I need to pick up materials I have on hold. What should I do?
You may pick up your materials inside the building during browsing hours. If you are interested in using the No Contact Holds Pick-Up service, click here for more information.
I need to return my checked out materials. Where should I return them?
Return your library materials including technology equipment* at the returns drop off located on the north side of the building. Look for the orange signs. All materials will be checked in after a 24 hour quarantine period.
*Technology equipment includes hotspots, Rokus, and GoPros. Please call 847-663-6606 to schedule a time to return oversized technology equipment.
Can I start requesting materials from other libraries?
Other Ways to Use the Library
No Contact Holds Pick-Up
Pick up materials and technology equipment safely via the No Contact Holds Pick-Up service. Click here for more information or call 847-663-6662.
Niles-Maine cardholders who are unable to pick up materials due to health reasons may sign up for Homebound Delivery. Click here for more information.
Visit our online calendar for virtual programs for adults, teens, and kids.
Staff members will continue to work inside the building as well as remotely. Contact us via live chat, email, or phone with reference questions, reading recommendations, and more.
What’s Next? Personalized Recommendations
Please continue to return library materials to the temporary materials returns on the north side of the building. Look for the orange signs. Materials will quarantine for at least 24 hours before processing.
We're Thinking of You
- We increased the numbers of hoopla downloads from 10 to 15.
- We increased the number of downloads on OverDrive/Libby from 5 to 10.
- Ancestry (Library Edition) and AllData may now be accessed at home instead of just in the Library.
- Kanopy Kids is now available to keep the little ones entertained.
- Your Niles-Maine library card will not expire while the Library is closed.
- Live chat is now available every day from 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Virtual meeting rooms are now available! Click here for more information.
Access the Library From Home
Ask a Librarian
Our librarians are still available to answer questions while the Library is closed. Please email us and we will respond in a timely manner.