You are here
The Creative Studio
Innovate. Create. Make.
Creative Studio Maker Space
The Maker Space is located on the Lower Level of the Library. Open to all patrons ages 13 and up. Supplies available for purchase or you may bring in your own.
About the Maker Space
The Creative Studio is a space for making, learning, and crafting. We encourage you (the patron) to explore projects and ideas on your own and then use the Creative Studio to transform your ideas into reality. The Creative Studio is reserved specifically for the use of creating. Patrons may use other areas in the Library to read, relax, or do other work not related to DIY projects.
Maker Space Hours
Please call 847-663-6606 for the latest information.
Maker Space Equipment
- Brother PE800 Embroidery Machine
- Epson Artisan Inkjet Printer
- Epson Stylus Pro 7890 Poster Printer
- Full Spectrum Laser Cutter
- Heat Press
- Janome Sewing Machines
- Lulzbot Mini 3D Printer
- Original Prusa i3 MK3S+
- Silhouette Cameo Cutting Machine
Things You Can Do
- Embroider a dish towel, pillow, or other fabric with the embroidery machine
- Cut out vinyl designs for t-shirts, mailboxes, or signs
- Etch or cut your own design onto acrylic or wood
- Create a 3D object in Tinkercad and have it printed on the 3D printer
- And so much more!
Creative Studio A
Studio A is located next to the Maker Space on the Lower Level of the Library. Open to Niles-Maine cardholders only. To reserve Studio A, please click here.
Studio A Equipment
- Behringer Xenyx Q802 Sound Mixer
- Epson Perfection v600 Photo Scanner
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface
- iMac with Dual 27” Monitor
- M-Audio Oxygen 61 Keyboard
- Microphone Sound Isolatioån Shield
- Nikon D5500 DX Digital SLR
- Yeti Nano USB Microphone
Studio A Software
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Corel AfterShot 2
- Elgato Video Capture
- EZ Vinyl Converter
- Final Cut Pro X
- FotoMagico 4
- HDR Express 3
- Logic Pro X
- Roxio Toast Titanium
Equipment for Check Out
For a list of technology equipment for check out, please click here.